At Happen to Your Career we are a small, rapidly growing, company that helps people create and find fulfilling work, one person at a time.
We value unconventional results, using your strengths to succeed and to help our company grow in order to be able to help as many people as we possibly can.
We’re looking for a multi-talented Career Change Coach (That’s a lot of “C”s) that loves helping others get results and is rather amazing at it!
The coach we are looking for is:
- Already doing coaching: You’ve already helped many people make career changes. You love helping people clarify what’s most important and get enjoyment out of having sometimes difficult conversations with clients.
- Already doing/done coaching for other companies! (we’re not your first, our average coach that’s really successful with our clients has 3-8 years of experience)
- Gets little tingles when you think about the possibility of helping people get to work that they love doing. When you get off the phone or Zoom with people who you’ve coached you can’t stop smiling from the conversation! It makes you feel good helping people learn how to get where they want to go.
- Gets annoyed when people make excuses: But you also have a soft spot for people who are willing to help themselves and you feel deeply obligated to those people once you commit to helping them make a change.
- Knows what the inside of an applicant tracking system looks like or how it operates: You understand what happens after someone applies to a job AND what hiring managers are actually looking for (and the conversations that happen behind the scenes when they’re deciding on which candidates to hire or interview).
- People tell you stuff that they don’t tell anyone else: You probably hear from friends, clients, and random people you get into conversation with “I don’t think I’ve ever told that to anybody before.” People find it easy to trust you. You understand this and know how to leverage that trust to help them. People come to you because of how you help them and the way you make them feel.
- Finds solutions: You can’t help it, when something goes wrong you have a “I will figure this out” mentality about you!
- Is ready to scream if you see another site teaching you how to write the perfect resume and better apply online: We mostly help people that make big sweeping career changes, this doesn’t come from sending a billion applications off into the interwebz. If that’s news to you or you disagree with that statement, PLEASE DON’T apply!
- Understands marketing, sales and building relationships… and it’s not a surprise to you that we have that in a job posting for a career change coach (since that’s really what we teach AND what you will be doing).
- Loves how we roll as a company: Not everybody will, we’re ok with that – Want to figure out if you MUST work with us? Here’s a couple cheats – Read back to front (or front to back if you prefer) our book Happen To Your Career: An Unconventional Approach to Career Change and Meaningful Work and listen to the Happen To Your Career Podcast!
Role Requirements (The stuff you must have):
- Have successfully helped many people “figure out what they want to do for work” AND helped them get the job AND helped them negotiate for more AND we can talk to one or more of those people. (You’re a “full stack” career coach with successful examples).
- You must have worked with executives in the past (preferably you’ve coached lots of execs, but as a solid substitute, being an exec yourself or working directly with execs in another area could work)
- We require applicants to have a Professional Coaching Certification (PCC) or another coaching certification (like ICF certification) -or- have coached professionally for 5 or more years in any capacity.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having a limited amount of face-time.
- Able to work remotely, with own computer and Internet access.
- This is a 100% REMOTE POSITION (with only occasional travel to meet with the rest of our team… like three times a year)
Non-Requirements (this means Bonus Points if you have them):
- Worked with lots of different industries, ages, types of jobs etc. (Variety is appreciated, our clients come from all backgrounds).
- Have made lots of big career changes yourself.
- Already are very familiar with our brand and what we stand for OR if you know and use Strengths Finder 2.0 (now called CliftonStrengths). – HINT this is one you seriously want to do due diligence on anyway as a career coach (it’s what we teach our clients to do too) HINT #2 Our podcast is a great way to become familiar with what we do HINT #3 Our Audiobook is the absolute best way to learn about what we stand for and what types of work you would be doing. Listen to the stories as almost all of them are our clients
- Have paid experience doing community management, writing LinkedIn Profiles, Cover Letters, and Resumes.
- You’ve used scrum, kaizen, or agile work methodologies. (We use these for helping our clients progress and for our own company work)
KEY RESULTS AREAS (HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE WINNING)
- Our clients are reaching their goals. Period. Every client we take on we’ve spent hours helping them define their goals and the support they need. Your role is to help them make the impossible possible for them.
- You’re creating a “best in world” experience for our clients – Sometimes this means you’re sending a voice text to encourage them on their latest win, other times this means you’re having a challenging conversation that is uncomfortable for both you and them. Every step you’re there for them – Not just when they are on your calendar. They believe at any given moment “you’ve got their back!”
- You’re making our processes more effective – At every step you are measurably improving the process. Whether this is shortening the overall time our clients are taking to accept their ideal offer OR improving our materials
- In this contract coach position you will be working closely with myself (CEO), our Director of Client Success and our Coaching team to help our clients transform their lives by changing careers to what they really want to be doing for work. You will also be continuously interacting with clients through calls, membership site, and email (although we try to keep out of email as much as possible). Want to know more about what it’s like to work with me/us? Visit this link and this link
- We are the best in the world at what we do and obviously, our career coaches are no exception.
A SMALL SAMPLING OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Supporting our clients with anything they need (we don’t have “Customer Service” people, you are that person!). Sometimes this means dropping a supportive text in the evening to a client and other times this might mean rearranging your schedule the next day to do negotiation coaching with a client who’s just received a job offer. We change how we help to respond to what our clients need.
- Coaching and Advising our clients in our Career Change Bootcamp program AND custom coaching programs to get results for themselves in each of these areas:
- Clarify strengths, Determine what they want in life, and the technical “how to” of career changes (connecting with potential employers, how to have conversations, how to stand out, interviewing etc.) Overcome mindset challenges
- Negotiate their offer to get paid what they want (and even beyond what the client wants)
- Mock Interviews, Resume/CV Feedback and Revision
- Removing mental barriers and blocks
- Meeting with our readers and listeners that have requested to talk to a career coach to find out what services we offer. (We offer an array of services and programs and coaching might not always be right and meeting with a career coach is an important part of the new client process)
- Helping new coaching clients and working with them to achieve their goals (again focusing on results).
- Coaching and supporting through multiple modalities (Zoom, phone, email, LinkedIn, text message etc.).
- Participating with the team in marketing/promotion events like podcast episodes or webinars.
- Teaching others how to get clear on what they want from life, their strengths AND how to hack their career changes.
- This is a 100% remote work contract position (aside from the 3 times each year we travel to work in person)
- When you help us help more people and help them better… we have more to invest into you!