Career Coach & Strategist
At Happen to Your Career we are a small, rapidly growing company that believes in doing work that fits you (not just the company) and doing work in your strengths.
We help people all over the world define their ideal career and make it happen.
We value potential just as much as experience and give high preference to those already familiar with our brand and how we help people live the life they want to!
KEY RESULTS AREAS (HOW TO KNOW IF YOU'Re WINNING)
- Our clients are reaching their goals. Period. Every client we take on we’ve spent hours helping them define their goals and the support they need. Your role is to help them make the impossible, possible for them.
- You’re creating a “best in world” experience for our clients – Sometimes this means you’re sending a voice text to encourage them on their latest win, other times this means you’re having a challenging conversation that is uncomfortable for both you and them. Every step you’re there for them – Not just when they are on your calendar. They believe at any given moment “you’ve got their back!”
- You’re making our processes more effective – At every step you are measurably improving the process. Whether this is shortening the overall time our clients are taking to accept their ideal offer OR improving our materials
In this contract coach position you will be working closely with myself (CEO), our Client Success Manager and our Coaching team to help our students and clients transform their lives by changing careers to what they really want to be doing for work. You will also be continuously interacting with clients thru calls, membership site, and email (although we try to keep out of email as much as possible). Want to know more about what it’s like to work with me/us? Visit this link – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQMr4cZcCPMLvvc9jLVnP2nCJfVTBdbuCGiY47n70ZU/edit?usp=sharing
We are the best in the world at what we do and obviously our career coaches are no exception.
A Small Sampling What You’ll Be Doing:
Coaching and Advising our clients in our Career Change Bootcamp program AND custom coaching programs to get results for themselves in each of these areas:
- Clarify strengths, Determine what they want in life, and the technical “how to” of career changes (connecting with potential employers, how to have conversations, how to stand out, interviewing etc) Overcome mindset challenges
- Negotiate their offer to get paid what they want (and even beyond what the client wants)
- Mock Interviews, Resume/CV Feedback and Revision
- Removing mental barriers and blocks
- Meeting with our readers and listeners that have requested to talk to a career coach to find out what services we offer. (We offer an array of services and programs and coaching might not always be right and meeting with a career coach is an important part of the new client process)
- Helping new coaching clients and working with them to achieve their goals (again focusing on results).
- Coaching and supporting through multiple modalities (Zoom, phone, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, text message etc).
- Participating with the team in marketing/promotion events like podcast episodes or webinars.
- Teaching others how to get clear on what they want from life, their strengths AND how to hack their career changes.
- Supporting our Clients and Students with anything they need (we don’t have “Customer Service” people, you are that person!). Sometimes this means dropping a supportive text in the evening to a client and other times this might mean rearranging your schedule the next day to do negotiation coaching with a client who’s just received a job offer. We change how we help to respond to what our clients need.
We’re Looking For Someone Who:
- Already is doing coaching: You might have your own coaching biz, or maybe you coach for another company, maybe it’s a big piece of your job! You are doing coaching regularly in some form or another! PLUS someone who must have experience with paying clients.
- Teaching other people gets you excited: You get little tingles when you think about the possibility of helping people get to work that they love doing. When you get off the phone or Zoom with people who you’ve coached you can’t stop smiling from the conversation! It makes you feel good helping people learn how to get where they want to go.
- You get annoyed when people make excuses: But you also have a soft spot for people who are willing to help themselves and you feel deeply obligated to those people once you commit to helping them make a change.
- Knows what the inside of an applicant tracking system looks like or how it operates: You understand what happens after someone applies to a job AND what hiring managers are actually looking for (and the conversations that happen behind the scenes when their deciding on which candidates to hire or interview).
- People tell you stuff that they don’t tell anyone else: You probably hear from friends, clients, and random people you get into conversation with “I don’t think I’ve ever told that to anybody before.” People find it easy to trust you. You understand this and know how to leverage that trust to help them. People come to you because of how you help them and the way you make them feel.
- You find solutions: You can’t help it, when something goes wrong you have a “I will figure this out” mentality about you!
- You're ready to scream if you see another site teaching you how to write the perfect resume and better apply online: We mostly help people that make big sweeping career changes, this doesn’t come from sending a billion applications off into the interwebz. If that’s news to you or you disagree with that statement, PLEASE DON’T apply!
- You understand marketing, sales and building relationships… and it’s not a surprise to you that we have that in a job posting for a career change coach (since that’s really what we teach AND what you will be doing).
- You love how we roll as a company: Not everybody will, we’re ok with that – Want to figure out if you MUST work with us? Here’s a couple cheats – Read back to front (or front to back if you prefer) our High Performers guide to career change at https://careerchangerguide.com or you can listen to it on any podcast player by searching “Career Change for High Performers” on the podcast player of your choice (we highly recommend stitcher)
Role Requirements (The stuff you must have)
- Have successfully helped many people “figure out what they want to do for work” AND helped them get the job AND helped them negotiate for more AND we can talk to one or more of those people. (You’re a “full stack” career coach with successful examples).
- You must have worked with executives in the past (preferably you’ve coached lots of execs, but as a solid substitute, being an exec yourself or working directly with execs in another area could work)
- We require applicants to have a Professional Coaching Certification (PCC) or another coaching certification (like ICF certification) or have coached professionally for 5 or more years in any capacity.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having limited amount of face-time.
- Able to work remotely, with own computer and Internet access.
- This is a 100% REMOTE POSITION (with only very very occasional travel to meet with the rest of our team… like once or twice a year)
Non-Requirements (this means Bonus Points if you have them)
- Have taught classes or sessions via webinar and are interested in more of that in the future.
- Worked with lots of different industries, ages, types of jobs etc. (Variety is appreciated, our students and clients come from all backgrounds).
- Have made lots of big career changes yourself.
- Already are very familiar with our brand and what we stand for OR if you know and use Strengths Finder 2.0. – HINT this is one you seriously do due diligence on anyway as a career coach (it’s what we teach our clients to do too) HINT #2 our podcast is a great way to become familiar with what we do https://happentoyourcareer.com/podcast
- Have paid experience doing community management, writing LinkedIn Profiles, Cover Letters, and Resumes.
- You’ve used scrum, kaizen, or agile work methodologies. (We use these for helping our clients progress and for our own company work)
This is a 100% remote work project position. It starts with a small project contract and depending on how you do will grow from there!
When you help us help more people and help them better… we have more to invest into you!
What we Value at Happen to Your Career
Signature Strengths – We do what we are the best at and use our uniqueness and what we enjoy doing, we enable everyone around us do the same.
Personal – We want every single touch to feel like we care – because we do!
One Life – We go for what scares us. We intentionally get outside our comfort zones and push ourselves and everyone we interact with for growth.
Leverage – We use technology and systems to do anything that a human doesn't need to.
Give Pareto a hug –We fail often and fast and make mistakes early and are transparent about them, We remove what isn’t working and relentlessly seek out and prioritize the top 4% of what works; We call this out every opportunity!
Yes! This is Definitely Me!
Is this you? Or someone you know? Send them this page or click the button and apply now!
Keep in mind we don't accept just anybody, we're looking for someone who is excited about what we do and the things above fall into their personal strengths and potential!
Questions? email email@example.com