Client Success Manager
(1/2-3/4 Time; Remote)
Note: This role would work primarily for Happen To Your Career (helping clients find careers that fit) but would also be working with our Family Passport brand as well (family travel and AirBnB properties)
Here’s what we value in our company:
Be Ridiculously Helpful – We take care of our people… and their people too! We treat others like humans and we exceed expectations in every interaction
Signature Strengths – We do what we are the best at and use our uniqueness and what we enjoy doing, we enable everyone around us do the same
It’s Personal – We want every single touch to feel like we care – because we do!
One Life – We go for what scares us; we intentionally get outside our comfort zones and push ourselves and everyone we interact with for growth
Leverage – We use technology and systems to do anything that a human doesn’t need to.
Give Pareto a hug; we fail often and fast and make mistakes early and are transparent about them. We remove what isn’t working and relentlessly seek out and prioritize the top 4% of what works; We call this out every opportunity!
WHY THE POSITION EXISTS / KEY RESULTS AREAS / POSITION OBJECTIVES
- Role #1 Earning the Opportunity: “Earning the opportunity” to work with potential clients means that we get to know the people who are in our community. We build genuine relationships and recommend the services that will best help them with their goals. Sometimes these are free or inexpensive resources, sometimes these are paid services ranging from $3,000 – $15,000. In every situation, the goal is to help provide solutions (not sell somebody something they don’t need).
- Role #2 Client Success: You own the relationship with our clients and are responsible for getting them what they need (often before they know they need it). This means that you’re interacting with our clients and working with our team of coaches to answer questions, develop tools, and design processes.
- Role # 3 Community Building: You own the relationship-building portion of our community. You are tasked with growing the interaction and involvement in our community (online and offline) and building our community to heighten the level of support people experience and feel.
- Role #4 Client (and Guest) Experience: You own the overall experience that our clients (HTYC) and guests (Family Passport or AirBnB) are having.
Happen to Your Career
At Happen to Your Career we are a small, rapidly growing, company that believes in doing work you love and doing work in your strengths. We value potential over experience and give high preference to those who are already familiar with our brand and how we help people live the life they want to! In this half – 3/4 time position you will be working closely with Scott Anthony Barlow (CEO), our Coaches, and our Students, Readers and Listeners. You’re responsible for anticipating the needs of our Team, Clients, and audience and are there for them at every turn. You also are tasked with consulting our potential clients (and repeat clients) to find the right type of support they need (sometimes this is called consultative sales in other organizations, here we call it “earning the opportunity” to work with a client by building relationships with a “help first with no obligation” mentality.
Family Passport is a small family travel brand that’s focused on creating memories and connections with the people who mean the most to you! We have a podcast, a kid’s travel journal and a beautiful property (listed on AirBnB here)
WE’RE LOOKING For someone who has the following qualities:
- You are ecstatic when delighting others. You get fulfillment from helping others and anticipating what they might need.
- You are highly individualistic: It might be difficult for you to answer the question, “What do you usually do when working with a client?” — because you do something different for each person, in each situation! (This position benefits our clients when you can’t stop thinking about the individual).
- You’re very adept with technology. You might not know how to code, but when you get a new app or something goes wrong you can pretty much always figure it out quickly. (Also it’s ok if you know how to code too). 😉
- You can’t help but be ridiculously organized (you probably have your email inbox meticulously organized and maybe even your phone notifications, it bugs you when they’re not)
- You can learn and apply nearly anything: You pretty much kick ass when it comes to learning something new. It’s your jam, if you don’t know how to do something you can figure it out.
- You continuously have new ideas on how to do things and get excited when you get the freedom to implement those ideas.
- You find solutions: When something goes wrong you have an “I will figure this out and make it happen” mentality about you. You can’t help it!
- You have experience supporting many customers directly plus working collaboratively with a team and clients.
- You love wearing lots of hats and being involved in many areas across the business.
- You’re obsessed with getting the details right for clients (because you know just how important they are to set our clients up for success!)
- You’re smart and resourceful. You can rattle off dozens of examples in the past week where you quickly drummed up creative solutions to even the oddest problems.
- You’re excited to take on this high-paced, highly flexible, high-stakes role. If this sounds like an amazing challenge ➡️ Handling 4-6 Zoom calls and 50+ messages a day from clients (and potential clients) who have really difficult problems and you have the power to change their lives. (Note from CEO Scott: We feel an obligation to respond to each person who reaches out to us with a request for help, to creatively figure out how we can have an impact on their life (and work)).
- You love receiving feedback and implementing a plan and/or system to quickly pivot your strategy.
- You’re a calendar ninja: You love creatively finding solutions to complex problems (and are willing to go off the beaten path). Most importantly, you enjoy having fun with the people you get to help (a lot of these clients become our friends!)
- This is NOT an entry-level position. You MUST have at least 3+ years experience in a customer support role or customer support management role (something that is customer facing and directly supporting many clients), and at least 1+ year of remote work experience.
- Flexibility in being available outside the standard 9-5 . This role has a HUGE amount of flexibility but also isn’t the normal 9-5 . If you’re looking for a slower role with 9-5 hours, this is NOT the role for you.
- Experience with remote work tools including Slack, Video conferencing, Google for Work.
- Experience working with client progress tracking and maintaining records (you’ll be the primary contact in many situations).
- Command of English Language: Can communicate in a happy cheery upbeat format in American English tenses and customs verbally and in written format.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having a limited amount of face-time with your leader and teammates.
- Able to work remotely, with own computer and Internet access.
- This is a 100% REMOTE POSITION. (With several trips each year for all team meetings or project meetings in Moses Lake WA or other cities in the US)
Client Support and Service (What you get to do)
- Delight our clients – Interact directly with HTYC clients (and guests of Family Passport)
- Answer questions – Figure out what they actually need (instead of what they are asking), connect them with our resources, and be ridiculously helpful.
- Be available at key times – Answer questions in LiveChat, email or over the phone during launches and other key times during the year.
- Make it EASY – Make sure clients have access to the materials they’ve purchased, and their lead coaches, without them having to spend time and precious bandwidth on it.
- Create effective processes – Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and add new SOPs to the training website. Make sure SOPs are accurate and current.
- Customer Service: You own Zendesk and issue resolution for our clients/students. Effectively respond to messages/tickets in Zendesk, and create short videos to help them problem solve (we use Loom)
- Scheduling Conversations and check-ins with clients and potential clients: Scheduling, rescheduling when needed, and coordinating calendars.
- Updating SOPs and Training Regularly.
- Other duties as the role evolves.
IF ALL OF THIS sounds like you, apply below!