Happen to Your Career LLC Affiliate Terms & Conditions
Please read our affiliate terms and conditions carefully before you join our program or begin marketing our program. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legalese to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by affiliates. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. In being a part of our Affiliate program, you’re agreeing that you comply with the FTC Disclosure. Thank you.
DEFINITIONS As used in the below Terms: (i) “We”, “us” and “our” refers to Happen to Your Career LLC, aka Happen to Your Career, which includes its podcast, Happen to Your Career, HappenToYourCareer.com, WorkYouLove.co and the respective Happen to Your Career LLC brands, which include but are not limited to Work You Love: OneStop, Get Your Job Now, 6 Weeks to Dream Job and Get a Raise Guide; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the Affiliate; (iii) “our website” refers to the Happen to Your Career LLC brand websites, which include but are not limited to www.HappenToYourCareer.com, www.WorkYouLove.co, www.ScottAnthonyBarlow.com; (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to the Happen to Your Career LLC Affiliate Program.
ENROLLMENT After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you if you have been accepted as an affiliate. Please include every url that you will use will use to promote our products and services.
WEBSITE RESTRICTIONS Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on anyone’sintellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights, including our’s.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the affiliate interface. Your acceptance in our program means you agree to and will abide by the following:
- You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation.
- All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
- Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- You may not use redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain.
If it is determined you have engaged in any of the above described conduct, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
COUPON GUIDELINES If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the affiliate program or network or that are displayed on our website(s).
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (i.e. first time customers) will result in removal from the program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
- You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from our non-affiliate advertising, customer e-mails, paid search, or any other campaign.
- You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem.
- On click through, you must link directly to our website. Framing of our website is strictly prohibited.
- Cookie Stuffing/Forced Clicks: You must not mislead customers into clicking on an offer or coupon that does not exist or practice similarly deceptive tactics that are generally known as “cookie stuffing or forced clicks.” These include, but are not limited to using knowingly expired offers or presenting offers that do not exist or are not affiliate offers, making claims that a user must click on a link first to activate or receive an offer, resenting a button that claims to show all offers that sets the affiliate cookie in the background or using technology that generates a click or sets the cookie from the action of copying a coupon code or though a pop under.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders.
DOMAIN NAMES Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited (i.e. HappenToYourCareer.website.com or www.WorkYouLove.website.com).
ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that makes reference to our Program without first submitting that material to us and receiving our prior written consent. If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Happen to Your Career LLC or any of its brands.
- E-mails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent or we must be sent a copy of the e-mail.
SOCIAL MEDIA Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post, “Join my friend @scottabarlow for a dream job workshop today [affiliate link].”
OPERATIONS OUTSIDE UNITED STATES If you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in other countries, you will follow the laws of those countries. For example, you will comply with the European Union’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive if you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in one or more of the European Union countries.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS You shall include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the affiliate management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure. We reserve the right to audit affiliate sites without notice for disclosure compliance and to remove an affiliate from the Program if we determine you are not in compliance.
- Disclosures must be made at each instance of a sponsored link. A single statement on the site, or a separate page with your general disclosure statement is not sufficient.
- Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. disclosure should be visible before the jump).
- Pop-up, hover state and button disclosures are prohibited.
- Disclosure policy applies to all social media, even when space is restricted (e.g., tweets)
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC’s “Dot Com Disclosures” Guidelines at: http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf; and the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising at: http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY Happen to Your Career LLC takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our affiliates. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact with information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders, set your commission to 0% or suspend you from the program for the period or orders in question. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
If you commence any litigation against us or if we commence litigation because of your failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions discussed above after we have instructed you to cease doing so, and we prevail, you shall be responsible for the attorney fees incurred by us.
To see the latest version of the agreement and current commission information at any time, please visit https://happentoyourcareer.com/affiliate-terms-and-conditions