About this episode
Feeling overwhelmed? Do you feel like there’s just never enough time to get to everything you want or need to do? Is a lack of time holding you back?
Well, we’re breaking down some of the most common myths around lack of time! We’ve also got some practical solutions that will help you reclaim some of your precious hours!
We know there are only 24 hours in the day. So how is it that some people seem to be able to do SO MUCH more?
The key is really to view time as a resource, just like money. In fact, the saying “time is money” is very much a reality. Take an honest look, a complete inventory of how you are currently spending your time and start to evaluate. Decide what is truly valuable to you and what isn't. Then, armed with this information, you can make decisions about how you want to spend your time based on what really matters to you.
When you're doing the things that you actually WANT to be doing, the things that add value to your life and make you happy, a crazy thing happens. YOU start to bring more value into the lives of others!
Our challenge to you:
Pick one of the strategies mentioned in the show and let us know how it works for you! What are you going to do differently with your time now? Let us know here in the comments or drop Scott an email at Scott@happentoyourcareer.com!
What You Will Learn
- Why it's not a genuine lack of time, but your perception of a lack of time that causes overwhelm.
- Three strategies for reclaiming your time
- Cutting out things that are non-value added
- How to identify what really matters to you (and where you WANT to spend your time).
Relevant Links and Resources
For more information on identifying what's valuable in your life and taking action:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
Time-saving tools mentioned in the episode:
To get in touch with Josh Rivers, podcast producer extraordinaire, email Scott@happentoyourcareer.com!