ABOUT JESSE TEVELOW
The common wisdom these days seems to be just to build it into the plan from the start. Make 50 sales calls, expecting 49 No’s to get to that 1 Yes.
Well, how different might things be if we just expected success instead?
Jesse Tevelow is the author of The Connection Algorithm: Take Risks, Defy the Status Quo, and Live Your Passions. He makes the case that expecting success from the get go, being prepared for failure (but not planning FOR it), can actually push us further, make us work harder, and attain way more than we’d ever imagined!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How paying attention to trends and “getting in early” can make all the difference in your career or entrepreneurial journey.
- Why expecting failure and planning for it actually ISN’T the best approach when starting something new.
- The importance of surrounding yourself with others who are passionate “doers”
- How the odds can end up tipping in your favor with the more risks you take – why it’s crucial to “keep making moves”
- Why in the long run, “failures” aren’t really “failures” at all!
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
JTev.me – Jesse’s home on the web
For more information on finding and following your passion:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
GET IN TOUCH WITH JESSE!
What’s ONE THING you can do today to be a “passionate doer” in your area of interest? Or what are you already doing? Tell us in the comments!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
Love the show?
SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]