ABOUT EMILIE WAPNICK
Does the idea of having just “one true calling” seem a little too limited for you?
Do you find yourself being drawn to a variety of different career options?
You might be a multipotentialite!
In her last year of law school, when she decided that she didn’t want to become a lawyer, Emilie Wapnick began studying entrepreneurship. Frustrated by her own inability to settle on a single “calling”, she founded Puttylike as an online resource and community for multipotentialites like herself. She’s even delivered a TEDx talk on the subject!
On one side you’ve got the sequential multipotentialite, someone who moves through their interests one at a time and then at the other end of the spectrum you’ve got the person with 20 different things on their plate. And you can exist anywhere along this spectrum.
Emilie believes that multipotentialites have the responsibility to innovate and may even hold the key to solving some of the world’s biggest problems.
With the power to combine multiple disciplines, learn rapidly, to adapt and to innovate, multipotentialites are definitely in a great position to take on the challenge!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why it’s ok to have multiple callings. You’re not alone AND there’s a name for it!
- We’ll walk through the 4 commonly-used models that have worked for people who lead fulfilling multipotentialite careers and can still pay their bills!
- The three main characteristics of multipotentialites, and how each of these applies in a successful multi-career life.
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
Emilie’s TEDx talk
For more information on discovering your strengths and skills and then finding work that fits!:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
Also mentioned in the episode:
Jon D. Harrison’s Video Game-themed Leadership and Success Training
GET IN TOUCH WITH EMILIE!
What are some of the callings you’ve felt drawn to? How would you combine them? Or would you?
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
LOVE THE SHOW? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]