ABOUT THIS EPISODE
“You can’t do what you want to be doing and get paid for it.”
“I need to find my passion first.”
“Stuff that comes easy can’t be valuable.”
“I’ve seen other people have success with that, but it would never work for me.”
What mental barriers are you carrying around?
You may be aware of some of them, but some of them might be buried a little deeper.
We run through a handful of the most common limiting beliefs we’ve seen in our work and we break each one of them down and give you the tools to arm yourself against them when they show up on your journey to finding the work you’ll love!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- 5 of the most common limiting beliefs that are keeping you from doing work you’ll love and how to fight them.
- How your greatest strengths are probably your most overlooked ones!
- Why you don’t need all the answers to get started – commitment is the first step!
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
For more information on zeroing in on what you want and moving past whatever’s holding you back, check out:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
Resources mentioned in What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I):
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – one of Scott’s top-recommended career books (that’s right, CAREER books!)
Which of these beliefs particularly hits home for you? What can you do to set it aside and push past it?
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
LOVE THE SHOW? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]