ABOUT DAVE STACHOWIAK
Dave Stachowiak is the founder of Coaching for Leaders and the host of the Coaching for Leaders podcast. He’s the Executive Vice President of Talent Development with Dale Carnegie of Southern Los Angeles and has led training programs for top organizations like the Northrop Grumman Corporation, The United States Air Force, the Boeing Company, and the University of California system. He’s a senior instructor with Dale Carnegie Training, and Board Certified Coach.
Dave talks to us about the importance of accepting your career journey as anything BUT a straight line! The twists and turns are not only to be expected, but to be appreciated!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- If you can accept that a career path ISN’T actually a straight line, the twists and turns that come up along the way are much easier to manage!
- You’ll hear why basing your identity on what you do can actually get in the way of identifying what you REALLY want to do in the world
- And you’ll hear all about the upsides and downsides of being stubborn!
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
For more info on finding the work that fits you:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
- HTYC 102 Success is Living a Life Built Around You with Dan Norris
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
- HTYC 105 What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I)
- HTYC 106 Overcoming Mental Barriers (Figure Out What Fits, Part II)
- HTYC 107 HTYC Stories: How Jerrad made the move that changed his life and his career
GET IN TOUCH WITH DAVE!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
LOVE THE SHOW? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]