ABOUT KIRBY VERCELES
Have you ever worried about losing your job?
Even if it was a job that was making you unhappy?
Kirby Verceles went through some wild ups and downs when the small company she worked for was in the process of being acquired. The soul-searching that she immersed herself in at that time gave her the answers and direction she needed and she came out on the other side with a position so suited for her it almost seems as if it were created for her!
Kirby shares her process of self discovery and reminds us that no matter how stressful things can get, if you keep your core strengths in sight, you will come out ahead!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why sometimes the things most worth having are the hardest to find!
- How focusing on your strengths can make your career opportunities seem to multiply!
- Why who you are in one area of life is who you are in ALL areas of your life!
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES:
For more information on finding your strengths:
- Discover Your Strengths
- HTYC 026 What Are Your Strengths? Part I
- HTYC 027 What Are Your Strengths? Part II
For more information on taking action:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
For more information on the job search and getting what you want:
- HTYC 059 The Power of Being Yourself with Jenny Foss
- HTYC 076 Your Job Search in the Social Media Age with Al Smith
- Kevin’s Story: How to Get Multiple Job Offers in 30 Days
- Maggie’s Story: How to Leverage Your Existing Skills and Land Your Dream Job
- HTYC 082 Mindset Matters with Crystal Batya Marsh
Also mentioned in the episode:
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
LOVE THE SHOW? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU WOULD CONSIDER LEAVING US A REVIEW! EACH REVIEW ALLOWS US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]