ABOUT MICHAEL PORT
Michael Port is the best-selling author of Book Yourself Solid, Beyond Book Yourself Solid, Book Yourself Solid Illustrated, The Contrarian Effect, and The Think Big Manifesto and has been called an “uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe. His latest book, Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life, is all about learning to play the right role for every situation, motivating, informing, and persuading others, just by being yourself!
If “All the world is a stage”, why not write your own part?
Interviews, public speaking, sales pitches – these can all be super-intimidating.
Most people don’t really look forward to them. That’s a given.
But, what if you had a proven strategy for summoning the confidence you know you need to get the results you want?
Michael has taken his experience as a former stage actor, the experience that has allowed him to walk into the roles he most wanted in his life, and has built a system for others to follow so that they can do the same.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How you can “steal the show” if you approach life as a stage and learn to play the right “role” for every situation
- Why the technique of acting “as if” is a really effective way to summon our confidence when we need it most!
- You’ll learn the best way to approach defining your personal brand – PS. You DON’T have to get it right on the first try!
- Why making decisions irreversible, at least for a period of time, can actually lead us to greater satisfaction (and success) with our choices!
- A few quick n’ dirty public speaking tips straight from Michael’s new book, Steal the Show!
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES
StealtheShow.com – Get the scoop on Michael’s latest book, Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
Mentioned in the episode:
For more information on defining the role that fits you!:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
GET IN TOUCH WITH MICHAEL!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
Love the show? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]