ABOUT PAULA DAVIS-LAACK
Burnout is not a joke.
Paula Davis-Laack is a self-described “recovering lawyer” whose own personal experiences with burnout landed her in the hospital 3 times.
Now a burnout and resilience expert and founder and CEO of the Davis-Laack Stress and Resilience Institute, Paula is dedicated to helping professionals manage stress and prevent burnout. She is an internationally-published author and has even worked with soldiers in the US Army as part of the Army’s Comprehensive Soldier and Family Fitness Program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to spot the early warning signs of burnout and what you can do to stop it in its tracks!
- Tips for having a conversation about burnout with your employer.
- What you can do as a manager to support your employees in preventing burnout.
- “Proactive prevention” strategies for managing stress at work.
RELEVANT LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Enroll in our FREE 8-day ‘Figure it Out’ course to find the work that fits YOU!
PaulaDavisLaack.com – get downloads, tips, and strategies for fighting chronic stress and look for the 21-Day Resilience Challenge coming soon!
For more information on figuring out what you want then taking action:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
For more information on getting what you need from your job:
- HTYC 059 The Power of Being Yourself with Jenny Foss
- HTYC 076 Your Job Search in the Social Media Age with Al Smith
- Kevin’s Story: How to Get Multiple Job Offers in 30 Days
- Maggie’s Story: How to Leverage Your Existing Skills and Land Your Dream Job
- HTYC 082 Mindset Matters with Crystal Batya Marsh
- HTYC 083 Starting with “Why” with Cachet Prescott
GET IN TOUCH WITH PAULA!
Don’t forget to ask for her worksheet with talking points for discussing burnout with your employer!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
Twitter: @htycbiz and @scottabarlow
LOVE THE SHOW? SUBSCRIBE TO THE HAPPEN TO YOUR CAREER PODCAST:
LEAVE US A REVIEW AND HELP US TO REACH MORE FOLKS JUST LIKE YOU AND HELP THEM “HAPPEN” TO THEIR CAREERS!
Come join us over on Facebook in our Work You Love OneStop group!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
WANT HELP FINDING THE WORK THAT FITS YOU?
Click to enroll in our FREE 8-day course!
Ready for Career Happiness?
What Career Fits You?
Finally figure out what you should be doing for work
Join our 8-day “Mini-Course” to figure it out. It’s free!
Featured EpisodesView all episodes
April 17, 2017
174: Add Value, Grow Your Career with Michael Bigelow
IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT THE LIKABILITY AND CONNECTION CERTAINLY DO HELP. BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT I REALLY DO FEEL THAT IT’S BOTH WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW YOU’RE CONNECTED TO THEM, AS WELL AS WHAT YOU KNOW. MICHAEL BIGELOW Whether you’re looking to make a lateral job transition to a […]
January 21, 2019
267: 3 Creative and Strategic Ways to Show Your Strengths to Interviewers
Everywhere you look these days, you can find articles sharing why focusing on your strengths is more valuable than improving your weaknesses. Using your signature strengths in your role means you can be energized instead of drained, engaged instead of bored, and successful instead of struggling. When it comes down to it, working in your […]